A few questions about using leather for book binding

Hi there.
I am in desperate need of information on working with leather in book
binding. I am making Japanese three hole style books and am wanting to
cover the book covers with leather. I have never worked with leather
before, and know very little about it. If you are not familiar with
working with leather do you know of someone that is? If you are familiar
with working with leather in book binding my questions are as follows:

1. Do you need to use specially tanned leather when covering covers for
a Japanese Three hole style book? Or can you use regular leather that
you can buy at a leather store? The book will be used as a photo album.
Is there any possibility that the leather will rot or do any damage to
the photos and keepsakes in side the book? .
2. If I do need to use special leather, where does one find that kind of
leather in Canada?
3. If I do not need to use special leather, what are the specifics one
should follow when purchasing leather for the purpose of book binding?
3. What kind of glue is best to use?

Any and all information that you could supply would be greatly
appreciated. I would like to thank you in advance for your
time and consideration.

Jennifer