The Bookery, Ithaca, NY expands into the book arts

The Bookery, one of Ithaca, New York's premier sellers of new and used
books, is excited to announce our expansion into the world of fine press
and handcrafted books. We have increased our space in order to establish
one of the few retail outlets serving the burgeoning book arts world.

The proliferating interest in the practice of the arts and crafts of the
book has resulted in a profusion of dauntless printers, artists,
craftspeople, and small publishers producing extraordinary work. However,
the limited resources providing broad exposure to these books hinders their
potential for reaching a wider audience. We are creating a dedicated space
at the Bookery where fine press and artist books are displayed for sale
with due attention and care so that newcomers to the bookarts can discover
the pleasures to be found in these exceptional editions representing
bookworkers from all over.

We have dedicated up to 300 square feet to 'Bookarts at the Bookery,' which
currently has over 100 titles from about 20 fine presses and book artists
for sale. This space adjoins the used book half of the Bookery in the
Dewitt Mall, a lovely turn-of-the-century high-school building that has
been converted into a delightful assemblage of unique shops and eateries in
downtown Ithaca, New York, home of Cornell University and Ithaca College.

If you are interested in receiving more information about having your work
represented at Bookarts at the Bookery, please contact:

Brad Benedict <aba@lightlink.com> or
Jack Goldman <jgoldman@clarityconnect.com>

The Bookery
215 N. Cayuga St.
Ithaca, NY 14850

We are happy to receive any current catalog or prospectuses, as well as
pertinent press- and/or personal-related information.