Re: Streamlining Editions

Three cheers to Mary Crest who described edition work beautifully!
I have found that whether the edition is 3 or 75, this is the best way to
go. And when you project a delivery date, ALWAYS allow yourself time to
really think through the process and make sure the steps you plan will
work. Saves a lot of frustration and tears, and makes the process
meditative, as she said.
I know some book artists only bind copies as they're needed, but I find I
make fewer mistakes if I just do them all. I get into a rhythm, listen to
good music, and don't end up looking at unbound copies later wondering
exactly what I did.
On the wall of my studio hangs a little printed card from an APA bundle
that reads:
IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT,
WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER?