Re: Streamlining Editions

I like that:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT,
WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER?

It has always been a quandry for me as I don't do edition work on
commission. It's my own work and it is so easy to get part of the way
through binding an edition and get onto new projects. Seldom have I
gotten back to complete a projected edition. My solution has usually
been to do varied editions so that each copy is fresh and exciting for
me and produces a unique work.

With my current bookwork though, I have chosen a realistic number of
copies and have promised myself to complete each step on all copies
before moving on. This means I only have the one proof copy on hand and
no outs on finishing all 8 copies. (I KNOW I won't ever finish 20, so
why set a number like that for myself.) So far it's working and I'm at
the stage of painting the board covers.

I have archived the excellently written advice on breaking down the
steps and making jigs for future teaching reference. Thanks. It
certainly is what I have found to be the most useful approach.

--
Peter Sramek
Book°Sequence Gallery