Re: digital dingbats...do they exist?

Hi, I'm new to this list - and regarding dingbats I do know that Adobe Type Manager Deluxe font manager has a
number of 'digital dingbats' available in their font lists (Zapf Dingbats - being the most common).  Those can be
taken into a 'FontMonger'  or 'Font Lab' program and altered and/or saved into any digital format... including to
a computer format that can 'print' or 'punch' metals, plastics etc.

At a press where I used to work we used dingbats regularly while doing pre-press work using Quark Xpress.  The
program would print 'film' which would then be transfered to plates... etc.  Quite often we used Font Monger or
Font Lab to alter either the dingbat or the digital format of the dingbat so that we could make a metal 'plate'
using the dingbat.....

I'm not sure that this is of any relevance.... but it's my 2 cents <smile>

Sue Clancy
http://www.telepath.com/artist
artist@telepath.com