Re: vellum

Pat,

Many of the translucent sheets have poor pH characteristics and poor fold
strength. I've looked at a couple of the drafting, cut sheets and haven't
been happy with the look of the sheets. Regular cockling that must come up
in the manufacture. Also, uneven translucency that also shows a regular
patterning that is mechanical and unattractive.

Glama Natural distributed by CTI Papers USA Inc and carried by many paper
suppliers is acid free (though I'm not sure about fold strength). The 17lb
is not too good for my use but I like the 24 lb.

Gilbert papers manufactures Clearfold which is acid free and specifically
address the fold strength issue. Probably at gilbertpapers.com. Available
through local distributors but you can get free sample books through the
website.

Haven't tried printing on any of them.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind