Bookbinding Manuals

Hello,
I would like to ask the list, what is the quintessential book on
bookbinding?  I am going to be teaching a course in bookbinding, and I
would like to have a reference manual for myself as well as something I may
copy diagrams from for my students. Would all of Keith Smith's books be the
best bet, or does anyone have a better suggestion?  Thank you.

Amy Borezo