Paper paste on lables, need help.

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C0A0C8.35515580

I have two sets of book that have paste on paper labels on the spine. =
The spines and covers need to be re-dyed. The problem is that when I =
apply the dye the labels will pick up some of the color around there =
edges through capillary action. These books are about 75 years old and =
the paper labels are delicate. I have two questions,
1- Is there any way to treat the paper while it is still on the book to =
prevent this?
2- What would be the best way to remove the labels if necessary?

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Fenn

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C0A0C8.35515580

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">I have two sets of book that have =
paste on=20
paper labels on the spine. The spines and covers need to be re-dyed. The =
problem=20
is that when I apply the dye the labels will pick up some of the color =
around=20
there edges through capillary action. These books are about 75 years old =
and the=20
paper labels are delicate. I have two questions,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">1- Is there any way to treat the =
paper while=20
it is still on the book to prevent this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">2- What would be the best way to =
remove the=20
labels if necessary?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">Any help with this problem will be =
greatly=20
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style">Tom =
Fenn</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C0A0C8.35515580--