Re: Paper paste on lables, need help.

And you want to re-dye why? I would suggest keeping the books out of
sunlight. Make a chemise (fancy French word for dust-jacket at a minimum.
Re-dying can create all sorts of other problems. In a worst case scenario,
the dye can react with the leather and turn it into a black sludge... Then
there's the problem of blending the faded spine (I assume) leather into the
less faded boards...

Less is more.

Peter Verheyen

>I have two sets of book that have paste on paper labels on the spine. =
>The spines and covers need to be re-dyed.

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<Fax: 612.632.3718>