Re: Bookbinding Manuals

In the "funky-foldy" category, (I hope I'm imagining that wiff of
dismissiveness...) many book artists use Cover To Cover, by Shereen
LaPlantz. Those wonderful funky folds are an inspiration, a starting
point, for an infinite variety of structures for sculptural
one-of-a-kind artists books. Many examples of these can be seen in the
photographs of art works she uses to illustrate her book (which has more
in it than just the folding structures).
Fanz Zeiers' book is an excellent craft manual. Keith Smith is
brilliant. Shereen La Plantz is inspirational.
By the way, she's working on a sequel.
Susan Rotolo