Re: removing labels, tape etc from old leather books

Thanks for all of your thoughts on this.  I'll definitley try any
technique out on a non-valuable book first until I'm satisfied with it.

I've found out that our library labels are applied using a heat process,
not simply peel'n'stick sort of adhesive.  If I use a tacking iron
lightly I'm hoping to loosen the bond a bit.  I'll try the lighter fluid
& other similar methods on the remaining adhesive and tape (though *not*
in direct conjunction with the tacking iron of course!)

Robin T