Re: manuals

Dear List-ers,

As long as folks are mentioning their favorite books about making books, I
want to say a bit about mine:  Creating Handmade Books, by Alisa Golden.

The focus is on paper structures and letterpress, with a lot of structures
to choose from. I feel inspired to experiment some more whenever I pull it
out. Somehow something always get piqued for me.

What I love about it is: the clear instructions, the relatedness of text and
structure, the personal history that goes along as part of the bookmaking,
the wealth of information, and especially, the encouragement for and
examples of creating content as well as book structure.

(my two cents...)
Suzanne Denker, Portland, OR