Re: Terrorist Manuals

--part1_76.84f3c17.27d580c5_boundary

Sorry for the misfire. For perhaps a fuller understanding of Islamic binding
and the decorative schemes employed:
ISLAMIC BINDING AND BOOKMAKING, The Oriental Institute Museum, 1981
TURKISH BOOKBINDING IN THE 15TH CENTURY, Azimuth Editions, 1993
both of which, happily, translate Islamic binding "manuals" of the 15th
century.
For perhaps a fuller understanding of the meanings and implications of these
decorative schemes to the societies which produced/produce them:
ISLAMIC PATTERNS, AN ANALYTICAL AND COSMOLOGICAL APPROACH, Schocken Books,
1976.
Lastly, I really don't understand how even the most cutting written criticism
as occasionally practiced on this list can even remotely be termed
"terrorism". I am perhaps missing the subtext. Best
James

--part1_76.84f3c17.27d580c5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Sorry for the misfire. For perhaps a fuller understanding of Islamic binding
<BR>and the decorative schemes employed:
<BR>ISLAMIC BINDING AND BOOKMAKING, The Oriental Institute Museum, 1981
<BR>TURKISH BOOKBINDING IN THE 15TH CENTURY, Azimuth Editions, 1993
<BR>both of which, happily, translate Islamic binding "manuals" of the 15th
<BR>century.
<BR>For perhaps a fuller understanding of the meanings and implications of these
<BR>decorative schemes to the societies which produced/produce them:
<BR>ISLAMIC PATTERNS, AN ANALYTICAL AND COSMOLOGICAL APPROACH, Schocken Books,
<BR>1976.
<BR>Lastly, I really don't understand how even the most cutting written criticism
<BR>as occasionally practiced on this list can even remotely be termed
<BR>"terrorism". I am perhaps missing the subtext. Best
<BR>James
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_76.84f3c17.27d580c5_boundary--