Re: Patents, Copyrights, Maril

Whenever I have used text from another author, I have contacted the
author through the publisher and requested permission. The copyright
information for the text is included in my work along with my copyright
for the book and its images.

Besides being good form, it has led to satisfying exchanges with the
authors in question.

--
Peter Sramek
Book°Sequence Gallery

--Mindy wrote

If, for example, the estate of a poet finds out that
you have used text I assume a lawyers letter goes out
asking you to stop production.  If you have already
produced an edition, I doubt there would be monetary
demands made on the artist.  I imagine most artist's
do not give it much thought, unless their works are
mass distributed.