Re: Storing Books

I am going to have to move some of my books from my house into an unheated
garage I rented, and am trying to learn how to store them safely.  Are they
better off in cardboard boxes (which let them "breathe") or in plastic
(hence waterproof) storage boxes (like the ones rubbermaid makes)?  Do they
need dessicant in with them (and if so, where can it be purchased)?  Any
advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Stu Copans