book hardware

Three types of emporiums I have found successful:
 - decorative cabinetry hardware outlets: sometimes I have elements cut off
the back in order to make the hardware flat, or in other ways manipulate the
stock to fit my goals
 - picture framing companies: some have access to brasses they use at the
corners of picture frames
 - Rockler www.rockler.com (or equal, e.g. Constantine's): modify hardware
made for box corners

Good luck, A.