Re: patents

I think it would be very helpful if you posted this to the list! thanks,
A.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: patents

By some strange conincidence, I had a guest for lunch yesterday who is
both British and a patent lawyer. I mentioned the case of Philip's
patents to him, and he said that in fact no one is alowed to use the
patented technique without Philip's permission. He did point out,
however, that the majority of patents are not legal, since a thorough
search of previous patents is rarely done.

Yehuda