Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 12 Mar 2001 to 13 Mar 2001 (#2001-69)

my attention that an author self-published thirty of my drawings in a second
edition
of a book without either asking my permission or paying for their use. The
drawings
were registered with the Office of Copyright in Washington, DC.

 My attorney notified them after all my attempts failed. There was absolutely
no response, which seems common in my experience of late. By law I could
collect
$150,000. For intellectual property. Wouldn't that be wonderful? IF I could
afford
to retain an attorney to pursue this. Lawyers request a minimum $5000.00
retainer.
 It has been my experience that many clients know that it costs artists more
$$$ than we can afford to keep the lawyers on their tails. I have had three
such cases in recently and I just gave up.