Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Mar 2001 to 14 Mar 2001 (#2001-70)

Thanks Mindy-
The Graphic Artists Guild of which I am a member is quite helpful in these
matters, providing a Grievance Committee made up of attorneys that
attempt to mediate a solution to artist/client issues.

These cases are difficult to pursue on one's own, as you mentioned.
That is unless you are married to a lawyer. My mother was right!
I should add that at least one of my most non-responsive clients is
married to an attorney!

I never expected to receive $150,000, but apparently, legally,
"in the best of all possible worlds," that should be possible !!

Good to see you last night at the Center for Book Arts.
Alice

P.S. By the way, what a presentation on Thursday night! Bernard Maisner
brought illuminated manuscripts to life with a close-up, personal and, excuse
the pun, enlightening presentation -- plus a hands-on demonstration of this
almost lost art. Thanks to Mr. Maisner and CBA for inviting him.

For those unable to attend, stop by to see the exhibition of Mr. Maisner's
contemporary works. Bring a magnifying glass if you appreciate detail!
At The Center for Book Arts -28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor -New York City