Re: messages sent with code

Quite simply, it's subscribers sending their email as HTML or using other
styles/formatting which is very easy. The problem is that the digest
version makes it all plain text, so the HTML formatting tags show...  Some
(mostly those using Netscape) send it as both HTML and plain text, which
can look even worse.

For ease of reading, it would help just to send messages as plain text.

Peter

At 08:46 AM 3/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I am wondering why, frequently, messages in the
>digests I receive look like the following:
>(slightly edited to prevent any embarrassment)
>

> > Transitional//EN">
> > <HTML><HEAD>
> > <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
> > http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> > <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=3DGENERATOR>
> > <STYLE></STYLE>
> > </HEAD>
> > <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> > <DIV>XXxXX XXXXXX XX XX = composing=20
> > their.&nbsp;</DIV>
> > <DIV><A =
> > href=3D"xxxxx</A></DIV>
> > <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> > <DIV>XXXXXXXX</DIV></BODY></HTML>
> >

>Is it the way I have my preferences set? Or are the senders sending HTML
>formatted messages when plain text is the better choice?--sometimes these
>code-laden messages are lengthly!
>And hard to read.
>
>If there's some setting I can adjust I'd appreciate clues.
>I'm using a Mac G4 with Netscape 4.61
>
>Thanks,
>
>Melissa Slattery

Peter D. Verheyen