Upcoming Bookbinding Courses in Canada

--------------69E9F6A2EB8268BC804D06D5

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:00:53 -0500
From: Shelagh Smith <shelagh@interlog.com>
To: mcirfi@chass.utoronto.ca
Subject: BookartsL listing

Hi Mercedes,

You said you would be willing to forward to Book_Arts-L info on our
workshops. How abour starting with the spring 2001 workshops?:

Restoration and Repair: Leather Bindings, Intensive with Betsy Eldridge
six days Saturday April 21- Thursday April 26
1 day preliminary Cloth Restoration Friday April 25 for those who
haven't dome the CBBAG cloth intensive

Artists' Books: Developing the Artistic Process with Mira Coviensky
Friday April 27

Cambridge Panel Binding Intensive with Joe Landry
five days Saturday April 28 - Wednesday May 2

Millimeter Bindings Intensive with Joe Landry
three days Friday May 4 - Sunday May 6

Coptic Binding with Reg Beatty
Sunday June 10

An Introduction to Hand Composition, Letterpress Printing, and Design
with Crispin and Jan Elsted
six days Monday June 4- Saturday June 9
FULL, to get on waiting list or for info on 2002, contact CBBAG

for information on workshop locations, fees, materials fees,
accomodation contact CBBAG 176 John St., Suite 309, Toronto M5T 1X5
phone 416) 581-1071      web site http://www.cbbag.ca
bulletin board http://www.web.net/~cbbag/BulletinBoard.html

In looking for your e-mail address I found a message from you from Sept.
2000 saying Colophon page has a new Bookarts Calendar which will include
infor from non-profits. They say book workshops are invited to
participate. The addresses they give are

http://colophon.com/calendar.html
http://colophon.com  (this is Colophon Page)
http://photoarts.com  (this is Photoarts)
http://benefitevents.com   (this is a marketplace for nonprofit arts
organizations - see link to "The Store")

I think the first and last of these might list our workshops. Would you
be willing to try??????

I would be endlessly grateful. I think this is the most promising thing
mentioned for promoting the education programme. Would love to get some
more people in particularly for Joe's.

Thanks

Shelagh