Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 16 Mar 2001 to 17 Mar 2001 (#2001-73)

In a message dated 3/18/01 12:06:23 AM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<< Date:    Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:46:21 -0500
From:    Melissa Slattery <mellifera@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject: messages sent with code >>

Dear Melissa-
Can't answer your question about code, but I am happy to see your name.

 I've wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your workshop,
Transforming the Surface, at the Center for Book Arts, NY last year,  which
was recommended to me by the sculptor, Sylvia Vigliani.

Since that workshop I've been creating books and now larger works on paper
with those techniques and finding the resulting surfaces highly satisfying.
They even tease me at the Center. "There she is...sanding again?"
Occasionally I worry about the toxicity of the spackle dust and have taken to
wearing a mask, but it seems worthwhile. How long do I want to live?

I see you will be teaching this workshop again at the Center for Book Arts in
New York on April 7-8. Hope to see you.

Thanks again for your class.
Best regards.
Alice Simpson