Re: artist's habits

I use the more boring moments of assembly or prep work to think about and/or
refine ideas or upcoming books. I think the thing most conducive to getting
things sorted out is to have a biggish span of uninteruppted time. I also set
myself the assignment of thinking on something when I go to sleep and I do the
same when I swim laps. There are times I wished I had a waterproof pad stashed
at the end of the lane. In the book Misery by Stephen King, he mentions the
productive quality of boredom.
Any one else?
Emily Martin