Re: Books wet with sewage water!

Hi Betty--We had a sewage leak in the stacks a couple years ago, YECK!   We
were advised by our health authorities to get the books dry and then put them
through TWO cycles of freezing and drying, letting the books stay frozen for
at least two weeks each time.  This is a royal pain to do, but apparently the
little sewer nasties can still easily regenerate after only one round of
freezing.  The smell remains a separate problem, though I think the freezing
did help to mitigate it a bit.  I suppose the old baking soda and kitty litter
cure might be worth a try.  Good luck with this one.
 Dorothy Africa