Re: Books wet with sewage water!

In a message dated 3/22/01 7:18:25 PM, storz@MCN.ORG writes:

<< Will freezing the books (there about 8) help to disinfect them?  This just
happened so the books are still wet.  >>

In addition to the comments from colleagues, i.e. discard or freezing, I can
share our experiences.
Freezing is vital to any possible salvage of the books. If you cannot decide
within 48 hours to discard water damaged books, then you MUST freeze them (or
get them dry immediately). Once the mold has started to grow, the problem
gets worse. Freezing is a good stop-gap.
Then you can decide after freezing....

    Sorry I have to finish a job right now. I will complete my message later
today.

Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695