Re: Standing press]]

Thank you, Charles for the nice compliments on the press.  There are a
couple of things that I should correct, though.  We are in Fort Worth,
Texas - not Bisbee, Arizona.  The correct email address is
serifm@airmail.net.

Sally

In case someone else might be interested, I bought one of the standing =

presses which Jackson Studio, in Bisbee, Arizona announced in a December
=
posting.  Because I sometimes get overlarge books which won't fit in the
=
nipping press, and my tricky hydraulic press won't hold, I bought the =
biggest of their presses - @ $390 plus $50 shipping.  It arrived today,
=
and is a beautiful, and beautifully made piece, with a large platen and
=
plenty of daylight - I could press one of the old 4" family bibles in =
there and have room for plenty more.

It took them a couple of weeks to build it after I ordered it, and =
another week to get here, but it's worth the wait and price.  They'll =
give you the UPS tracking number when it's shipped and you can watch it
=
make its way across country as it comes.

I'll be using it for years to come.

Their e-mail: serifim@fastlane.net

Charles Schermerhorn
The New Leaf Book Bindery