Re: artist's habits

  I find that the more time I spend in the studio, even if off task, the
more ideas I have. I often use off-task time to catch up on reading art
periodicals and emersing myself in images I enjoy or to do some research on
a non-art related subject.
  Doing physical labor always helps me to come up with some good ideas. I
also enjoy listening to speakers who are good word crafters. It can really
help to spark an idea or get me thinking about a new direction with an
existing idea. I find that I hardly ever make it through any speech without
getting lost in thought on some art related concept.

j.miller