Re: PageMaker versus Quark -- who wins?

Jim,

As a Quark Xpress (and former Pagemaker) user, I see some bias on the part of
your friend. She may find Pagemaker lacking, but I find that Quark has its
quirks (sorry i couldn't resist) too. Some typographers find Quark's
kerning/tracking, line-by-line justification, and lack of the ability to
create hanging quote marks frustrating, if not laughable.

If you find that Pagemaker, or any other program suits your needs, then it is
the best program out there.  One reason that we have different programs
available is that there is not one best product. In taking about different
products, remember that there is a butt for every seat.

However, as for "coughing up the big bucks" to learn a program that Adobe is
not really supporting (in favor of InDesign) is questionable.

John T.