UMAX Astra 2000U-pooh!

I had  the  UMAX Astra 2000U...briefly. I had problems trying to work with it
and chalked it up to dinosaurism.  As I used it infrequently it seemed I had
just lost my memory. Just when I thought I understood how to work with it, it
would fail me again.

When MacDaddy, upon whom I depend for just about everything connected with my
MAC, came for  my annual check-up he found that it was broken. By then my
warranty (three minutes) was up, of course.
    "Toss it ," he said.
Having spent a lifetime telling clients, "You get what you pay for," I've
learned. I should take my own advice.

If and when I buy another I also want to be certain that it will scan slides
so I can show you my books.
Alice Simpson
apeachW96
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/tangobook/">