Re: Board Shears

In a message dated 3/26/01 4:06:53 PM, alane@RHTC.NET writes:

<<  I know about Jacques board shears and
>>would love to have one, but I need to research other options.  Are
>>there other options out there?  What do the rest of you use? >>

Besides, the Jacques (the older ones are better than the brand-new design),
there are other old and new shears, i.e. Latham, Harrild, Robust, and
Vagelli, etc.
Another possibility, that is used in some commercial binderies is a Sheet
Metal Shear. You could probably find a used one? They are certainly
stronger/better than the TOO Light-Duty Kut-Trimmers that are also available.
I once recommended as Sheet Metal Shear to a student. She was very pleased
with her purchase of one. I also remember seeing an article in the Guild of
Book Workers Newsletter about the idea. That article may have been published
in the past two or three years.
Good Luck,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike