Aluminum Guides

Hi All,

In a workshop I took on leather bindings, we used templates or guides that
were cut to size out of thin aluminum sheets (they might have been old
printing plates). They made terrific templates when trimming out the excess
cover material on the inside cover of the book. I've tried to achieve the
same in my studio with bristol board or something similar, but my knife
wants to cut through the board.

My question is: How do I cut the aluminum sheets? I have a Kutrimmer, but
I'm afraid to cut metal on it and ruin the blade. Any ideas?

Kevin Thomas