Scanners

I don't remember anyone mentioning the Epson Expression 800 Scanner, which
also scans slides.

This scanner, along with an Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer never ceases to
amaze me with the quality of the colour printouts. In fact, I am even
thinking of doing a book with coloured illustrations as hand-colouring (with
coloured pencils) is threatening carpal tunnel syndrome.

All of which brings up another problem, the life expectancy of the inks. A
new Dick Blick catalogue just arrived "Blick Studio" and they have archival
ink jet cartridges for Epson printers. The coloured ones for my printer are
$42.99, considerably more than I usually pay. Does anyone know anything about
these or have any opinion as to longevity, etc??

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Best wishes to all

Jane Conneen
Lfarmpress@aol.com