From: "Darryl Baird & Janet Lorch" <dbjl@TIR.COM>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 29 Mar 2001 to 30 Mar 2001 (#2001-85)

> I've been following the line of comments about the Epson Inks with
interest, and it brought up a problem I've been trying to solve for awhile.
I hope someone can offer some comments. I would like to print from my Epson
onto
> silk fabric. I know it can be done because I've heard that Epson actually
does this as a demo at trade shows. I haven't been able to get any help
through them online and haven't had the time to call and wait on hold
forever.
> The problem is how to get the fabric to feed through, I've done some
experiments with freezer paper. You lightly iron the fabric onto the
"plastic" side of the paper and it creates enough of a bond to provide a
stiff basis to
> feed it through. I've not had too much success with this method, it starts
falling off, etc. I'm planning on printing a long piece, about 30 inches.
Another problem is the ink discharge. The little success I've had with
> getting the fabric through has worked for a few inches, then the ink
starts pooling up to the point where the image is indecipherable.