Re: Epson Printers & Archival Inks

At 07:53 PM 4/1/01, Mary Crest wrote:
>A brand new Epson 770 or 870 costs about that at Comp USA; even less at
>Costco.

Yes.  The real issue is cost of ink.  All the new Epsons bind you to an
expensive ink supply, namely Epson brand cartridges.  All of the recent
printers are very good for image quality and price.  However, the ones that
could be used with second source ink have all been discontinued.  I went to
the RefurbDepot site and did find these printers listed.  Unfortunately,
they do not seem to sell into Canada, so I'm still looking for an
accessible site.

Gavin Stairs

Gavin Stairs
Gavin Stairs Fine Editions
1A - 921 College Street
Toronto, Ontario  M6H 1A1

Gavin Stairs Fine Editions is a small, desktop press specializing in fine,
hand-made books and poetry.