Re: Bleach

Depending on the concentration of bleach, and not knowing whether you're
very thoroughly rinsing the paper afterwards, you could be doing as much
damage as dipping the paper in straight acid. I was once presented with a
book which had gotten straight bleach spilled on it, and the pages looked
almost burnt.

The effect might be nice, but I wouldn't do it.

Peter

At 07:00 AM 4/11/01 -0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have been messing around drawing on colored paper with bleach.  It a =
>lot of fun and has useful effects.  It's a bit hard to control, working =
>with a Q-tip, but doesn't destroy the surface and leaves it smooth for =
>ink or printing.  If I work fast enough, it doesn't even soak all the =
>way through, leaving the back usable.  Now, I've been working on "acid =
>free", have I totally destroyed the archival value?  Thanks.
>
>Sid

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<Fax: 612.632.3718>