Re: Bleach

Dear Bookartslist:
    I am a calligraphy oriented lurker just hanging out here to catch some
jargon and have been enlightened many a time by this list, I thought to
quickly interject that lettering with diluted bleach on colored paper was
quite the rage in the mid-eighties but it was soon discovered that the bleach
continued to "work" after the piece was lettered and done. Therefore, letters
that had been crisp and sweet and had been magic to make with the mystical
fluid became bleed-out and squashy mushy yuck. Thus abandoned was the idea
because it was ridiculous to plan and design and letter for hours just to
have it all turn to after party leftovers.
Jen Harrison
Marietta, Ohio where it went from winter to summer. how Buzzzare.