onion paper

In a recent paper making class, the teacher prepared skins of 12 onions by
cooking (a ? amount of time, although I know she cooks for longer than
shorter times as it breaks down "the product" more completely,) blending
them to a fine puree and the adding the mix to cotton linter. The result was
the most incredible saturated yellow. After we made some papers, we added
coffee grounds (used) and allowed the grounds to hydrate. Result, sun spots.
Very intriguing and very durable.

Best luck!

A.