peroxide suggestions

Regarding my comments yesterday,

Apparently I wasn't clear enough about my suggestion for using peroxide in a
gel.  I should state that while I was referring to a paper conservation
treatment, it was simply because the idea wasn't my own to begin with.  I
was not recommending that everyone runs out to try what I suggested on
valuable artifacts.  I was suggesting it as a method for writing to create a
reverse effect, without considering the issue of longevity- simply as
something that might be fun to try as an experiment.  I should also clarify
that an item that has been treated with peroxide should certainly be rinsed
afterwards, to flush out any residues.  In general I discourage bleaching if
at all possible.

Once again, this was in reference to the thread concerning a writing medium
as something fun to try out, and not a conservation treatment
recommendation.