Re: Onion Paper

Ooooh. I hope you waited until the daffodil leaves were dry before harvesting, as
the daffodil bulb needs the green leaves to feed the bulb for next year. I have
had good papermaking results using dry daylily and iris leaves. I cook them in
soda ash and process them in a rock tumbler with porcelain balls to help break
down the cooked fibers. The pulp is a bit too brittle to use alone, but can be
added to other papermaking fibers. I also pigmented the paper but the daylily and
iris fibers kept their natural color.

Joan Kopchik