Re: Activities in NC?

I am a book artist native to NC (Raleigh) and will be moving back in September. At the moment, I am working at the Women's Studio Workshop in Rosendale, NY - the largest publisher of artist books in the country. I am eager to connect with other book artists in NC as well but I do not know of much book arts activity in the Raleigh-Durham area. Although the Penland School of Arts and Crafts in the mountains of NC does offer book arts classes. They have a great website you can look up too.
Besides Penland, there are not book arts/letterpress classes offered to my knowledge. I did graduate with a BA from UNC-Chapel Hill and they do have letterpress facilities (a vandercook proofing press and type) that the we used in printmaking classes. But there are no specific classes for book arts and letterpress.
 However, I would be very interested in finding other people with similar interests and would love to teach classes and take classes in book arts in NC as I am doing in NY now. I feel that there is a large market for classes at least at the community art level if not at the university level.
Please email me if you are successful at finding any more book arts activities in that area!
Good Luck!
Stacey Kirby

***********************************************
            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
                      <http://www.philobiblon.com>

To unsubscribe send:
                            UNSUB Book_Arts-L
                           ALL COMMANDS GO TO:
                        LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU