Re: Lana Mills no more?

Eric
    I have been further researching this matter. This what was said about Lana
mill on the Legion Paper site (http://www.legionpaper.com)

LANA
 The Lana papermill was founded in the village of Duxelles in the 16th century and
prospered because of its location near
monasteries and a university. By 1795, the mill was  re-equipped with a
cylindrical beater which made it possible
 for the mill to supply the ever increasing demands for Lana papers. Although the
mill closed at the beginning of World
War I, by 1922 it reopened with new equipment and a force of  new workers. Lana
papers are widely known throughout
Europe and have been the preference of many fine art printers and artists
including Miro and Dali. Today, International Paper has invested over 10 million
dollars to modernize the mill and Lana continues to make their broad range of
quality archival papers.

So apparently the mill is still there and I gather still making Lana Laid although
not the Arna Ingres that I have been searching for.

in good spirit
Susan

--
Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord