Re: Bone folders

Oh, come on, Michael and Larry. Cor asked, in all seriousness, from which
animal bome folders were made. He deserves a helpful answer.

One of my sources, I don't have time to look it up now, says that the leg
bone of a cow is used to make bone folders. Cheaper versions are available
in plastic, but real bone is preferable for several reasons.

Betty

At 05:44 PM 04/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>   I believe it comes from either the Polyethylene of Polypropylene both are
>>   natives of Tibet.
>
>I thought those two and Polyester were natives of Polynesia.

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
Mendocino, CA
Book repair and restoration