Vellum paper Preservation Products (Z39.77-2001)

As an architectural designer, I have worked with drafting vellum for the
last 25 years and would not encourage anyone to use it for repairs. It's
benefit is in it's translucent quality and ability to be run through an
ammonia machine and make blueprints. Vellum dog-eared and tore easily - not
a great thought when repairing anything, even a throw away book. Why put the
time into something which isn't going to hold up?

Today, we use very little vellum as the computer and plotter paper has taken
over.

Hope this helps -

A.