Re: Dem bones

I've been getting a kick out of all of the clever puns. How good a folder
could I make out of a spare rib?

Actually, I own 2 genuine bone folders, 6 plastic ones and a teflon folder.
I prefer the bone ones because they are so smooth and feel so good in my
hand. I've noticed I get nicks in the plastic ones; they could be smoothed
out, I guess, but I don't like breathing the dust.  The teflon one, most
expensive, is shaped as a lifter at one end and a burnisher at the other.
It is more flexible than the others and because of its sharp edges is not
as comfortable to use. One of its advantages is that no glue or paste
sticks to it.

Sometimes, the folder I use is the one that happens to be closest to my
hand when I reach for it.

Betty

At 09:14 AM 04/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>   I was going for the humerus - sorry you missed it. You'll just have
>>   to take out your scapula and carve me up.
>
>Being raised a good Catholic altar boy, in grade school during times of
>certain religious fervor, I would wear a scapula* around my neck. Unless I
>was flipping pancakes with them.

>Michael Brady
>jbrady@email.unc.edu   http://www.unc.edu/~jbrady/index.html
>

>* Actually, it's a scapular, referring to hanging over the shoulders.

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
Mendocino, CA
Book repair and restoration