Re: Help with Newspaper

In a message dated 6/4/01 4:37:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, WMNTR@AOL.COM
writes:

> << Is there a way to varnish or treat newspaper so that it does not turn
>  yellow.
>   My boss asked me this question today and I told hime I would try to find
an
>  answer. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. >>

About thirty years ago, we treated several newspaper articles by dipping the
clippings in a solution of 1T baking soda : 1 QT distilled water. We
squeegeed the excess water against a window pane, then dried them. They have
never yellowed. They've been stored between paper that was "acid free" at the
time.

Mary Crest