Re: mummies??

Hey, I like the mummies story, and I've used it myself for its
entertainment value, but I believe it's a little bit of an urban
legend. For starters, anything Dard Hunter says has to be taken with a
grain of saltpeter.

If you really want to pursue this - there's a book just out called "The
Mummies Convention," reviewed in last Sunday's Times. Approximate
title: I'm not going to retrieve it from the kitty box. The book is
actually about the IAMS (International Association of Mummy Scholars -
approximate title), which meets regularly. Check it out. Then contact
your local mummyologist.

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the
techniques of the medieval scribe