Re: Mummies and such

OOH! Can we now expect a stream of mummy puns?

In a message dated 6/7/01 12:24:31 AM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<<
Date:    Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:23:27 -0400
From:    Paul T Werner <paul.werner@NYU.EDU>
Subject: Re: mummies??

Hey, I like the mummies story, and I've used it myself for its
entertainment value, but I believe it's a little bit of an urban
legend. For starters, anything Dard Hunter says has to be taken with a
grain of saltpeter.

If you really want to pursue this - there's a book just out called "The
Mummies Convention," reviewed in last Sunday's Times. Approximate
title: I'm not going to retrieve it from the kitty box. The book is
actually about the IAMS (International Association of Mummy Scholars -
approximate title), which meets regularly. Check it out. Then contact
your local mummyologist.