Re: Klucel G

NO H2O, alcohol, straight with no water, works best. I use denatured
ethanol. Mixing it up with water will cause many older leathers, especially
those that are red-rotted to turn black, shrivel up, or worse. Depending on
what you want to do anywhere from a 5%-10% solution. For those who don't
want to bother mixing, buy Cellugel. Available from most archival/binding
suppliers.

p.

At 10:41 AM 6/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey there all,
>
>I'm looking for a little help.  This was the original message I received:
>

>>Have you every used a leather sealant called Klucel G(adhesive/sealant) ?
>> I picked it up at TALAS---and am doing a makeshift job on a leather book
>>for someone. I was going to mix the powder in H2O and was wondering how
>>much, proportion wise that would entail??? And I was going to either brush
>>it on, or wipe it on.
>>If you know what I'm talking about I'd be curious if in fact I'm doing this
>>right.
>>

>>adios-
>>sara
>>

>Thanks for your time.
>
>Duncan

>    "All my life I wanted to be someone;
>  I guess I should have been more specific."
>               ~ Jane Wagner ~
>
>  Duncan   http://www.campbell-logan.com
>
>       Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
>             Minneapolis, MN