Re: Proper care and feeding of Japanese waterstone?

In a message dated 6/12/01 12:32:14 PM, garyh@HILLYSUN.COM writes:

<< Can anyone give me advice about the proper care of my new Japanese
waterstone?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Most manufacturers say that the stones can be stored in water. This applies
to the stones that are unmounted. Most Finishing Stones are mounted on wood,
and are not to be soaked.
You can add a few drops of bleach to keep the water it from going bad, but I
have not had that happen in years. By keeping the stones wet, they are ready
for immediate and good use.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695