Re: Homemade book cloth cont.

> From: William Minter <WMNTR@AOL.COM>
> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:45:28 -0400 (EDT)
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: Re: Homemade book cloth cont.

> Other materials for embossing/texturing need to be found. As mentioned
> before, I would like to find other materials without going to the high cost
> of having photoengraved dies made.

I've made some beautiful books using Mexican papel amate, available in many
art supply stores. The trick here is to first stabilize the very soft paper
by sealing it with clear acrylic. The finished product looks a lot like
leather.

--

JULES SIEGEL Apdo 1764 Cancun Q. Roo 77501
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts